Monday, July 2, 2007

Life Lessons Learned


This is Paige. Isn't she beautiful? She came into this world in February and I became a mother of FIVE!!!!! I never, in my wildest dreams, thought "mother of five" would be one of my labels -- NEVER! But, just look at her! How could I even think of not having her?! She has already brought so much happiness to our family in the short time she has been with us.

I am, obviously, a much more seasoned mother now than when I had my first baby. I remember the moment I realized, with horror, that the hospital actually expected me to take that little human being home and be her mother! I felt totally unprepared and incredibly humbled. Well, that first baby is 9 years-old now and somehow she and I have survived. In fact, we've done better than that. Then, the second baby came. I had learned a few things, but having two children presented a new and daunting challenge. Number three arrived and I felt pretty at ease with things. When number four came I faced an entirely new situation because, until that point, I had only had girls. Number four was a BOY! What do I do with that?! Before I I even had a chance to get comfortable with him, Paige 5 arrived. WOW!

I've learned some things in the nine -- almost 10 -- years I've been a mother which I will post here. Hopefully I will save somebody a little time and you can learn from my trials and errors. Also, if you have something which can help save me some time PLEASE tell me! After all, I think motherhood was meant to be a journey shared by many. We all want what's best for our children. Besides, my children will be marrying your children, or be part of your community someday so I have a vested interest in happy, healthy children -- no matter whose they are.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Yay, your new blog! It will be fun to read everything you have learned, are learning and will learn. And yes, I am sure it will undoubtedly save me time.

The Wes Gordon Family said...

I have no idea how I stumbled upon your blog, (LDFR led me to your post about Dr Farley the naturopath, which led to your other blogs.. when you give a moose a muffin....)

We have A LOT in common, nice to meet you, thanks for sharing your wisdom.